Tuesday, July 20, 2010

IRL: Stephanie Has Died of Dysentery


Nerd alert: These are honest-to-goodness tracks left by wagons on the Oregon Trail.

Oregon Trail was my first introduction to gaming and PC's and it was awesome. I blame it for fostering my love of learning. History? Yes, please!

You would think it would have prepped me for RPG's what with the slow pace due to it's text-based nature. But really when it comes down to it the best part about that game was seeing which of your friends, or crushes, or enemies would have the most horrific four word death (Renee has died of gangrene. Adam has died of diarrhea).

That and bagging a buffalo:


The Action! The Drama! GODDAMN THOSE PESKY SQUIRRELS!!!

Yep, totally prepped me for first person shooters...oh, and the updated version totally sucked. Too many pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails